Friday, December 22, 2006


Yep, that's the family Christmas photo...Gabby, Steve, Duncan & me....and Kenai, if you look closely between me & the tree!!! As Steve said, "What a picture hog!" Ah...we all look pretty good.

Gabby's done with preschool till January 3rd. This weekend is a busy one--yesterday I was at church till just after midnight. I've volunteered to help run video cameras again. I've missed a few years, but I've done most Christmas services since 1991! This year Kensington has 22 services at their THREE campuses! Amazing! When I first started attending, Kensington only had about 100 people...of course, that was 16 years ago. (http://www.kensingtonchurch.org if you're interested.)

Duncan is talking lots more...and has opinions! Steve gave him the "wrong" truck to sleep with last night and Duncan "told" me all about it this morning!!! He was sitting in bed, clutching the little red car & (wrong) truck--telling me about "dis wong van, mama. Dis not gween twuck. Dis BWACK VAN." He got out to the family room, found the green truck, gave it a hug & kiss and told me, "DIS the gween twuck!" He is mesmerized by the movie, "CARS". I also discovered if you want Duncan to sit still for a story, read one about trucks! He fidgets all over the place during our "regular" bedtime stories--usually Bible stories...but for the Stuck Truck book, he was a statue!

Saturday--tomorrow--we're going to Kensington's 1 p.m. Christmas eve service with Steve's parents, Jeff, Diane & the girls. The kids are pretty GEEKED to see Alex & Shelby again. Gabby's been asking & asking to see them. Sunday, I'm on camera all day--call is 6:30 a.m. First service is 9--last service is 7...till about 8:45...should be home by about 9:15 or so. Steve's bringing Gabby to sit in the auditorium for the first service...hope she does well!! On Christmas, we'll open presents here, then my mom will come over & all 5 of us will drive to Steve's parents' house--we'll have lunch there & open gifts. At 3:45, we'll drive to my cousin, Pam's house. It's only about a 15 minute drive. Presents & dinner there and then home! I hope I last...and the kids too! Add to all this the fact that I have to bring gluten free food for Gabby...makes for some busy times!

Merry Christmas--celebrate JESUS!!! Gabby & Duncan will be singing Happy Birthday to Jesus! Hope you will too!

No comments: