Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Well, it's been an "interesting" few days...Last Wednesday Connor's little sister, Hannah, turned 3. On Thursday, Gabby turned 6 and "Baby" Dylan turned 2 on Saturday! Sunday both Gabby and Dylan had their parties. Living on a small, dead-end street means limited parking! I'm so glad we were able to 'stagger' the birthday party times!

Gabby had grandma, grandpa, Aunt Sally and all 5 Cadmans over for her party. Aunt Diane sent a BIG gift, which was the HIT of the party...Alex & Shelby's Princess Legos from Disney World!! Man, the girls LOVED it! Gabby's still playing with it 3 days later!!! Amazing!

She also got a Barbie from Barbie & the Diamond Castle and a Sleeping Beauty Barbie...they sleep with her at night. We gave her a Disney Princess book, a new tiny kitty in a carrier, a necklace with nail polish and a new Sleeping Beauty DVD. She made out pretty well.

Monday, I pulled something in my back...OUCH!! Ice for the first 48 hours and now I'm doing heat. I AM loosening up...but it still hurts!

Picked up Duncan & Connor from preschool...they were happy I parked on the grass again! That place has about 70 parking spots...when all 3 preschool classes let out, there is NO parking available because they are also running 3 nursery programs, a few ESL classes and other adult ed stuff!!! So, I use the grass. I SLOWLY made my way to Gabby's classroom door--expecting the teacher to be waiting to talk to me. Um, no...she didn't get my e-mail from yesterday...so she has no idea what's been going on! Oh well...I tell her I'll resend it when I get home.

Drop Connor off & am met by Connor's mom...child number 3 (of 4) has SUDDENLY developed a 102+ fever, has a headache and can't move her head!! Possible meningitis...so Connor & 2 other sisters are being 'farmed out' to relatives for possible overnight stays...if said child ends up hospitalized!!

So, I add THAT information to the other stuff from yesterday's note to send to Mrs. M. Inform Steve...he calls ped & is told to keep the kids (ours) inside & monitor them for symptoms because they had been around the sick child for quite awhile on Monday & Tuesday!!! Oh great! Still have not heard from Mrs. M...don't know what the school policy is regarding possible exposure to meningitis! I'm just glad today is drippy & rainy...the kids don't want to go out. Tho that DOES mean we have some pinging off the walls & stuff...oh well!

Wonder what the incubation time is for meningitis...have to go look that up. Should I send a note to church, telling them we may not be there on Sunday? Should the kids go to school tomorrow? Hope I hear from Jenn soon and I SURE hope it's NOT meningitis!!!

Well, best go knit to take my mind off things...making a REALLY PRETTY scarf out of Katia Magic. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. I'll also add birthday party pictures & video soon....

Enjoy the day.
Blessings,
Laurel

No comments: