Monday, June 10, 2013

I have been absent, haven't I? I'm sorry. Life just seems to get away from me sometimes.

This is the last week of school for my kiddos. Soon I will have a 4th grader and a 5th grader. Amazing! I honestly am amazed at how much the teachers and staff have helped my children grow and learn. 

Today is a lovely, rainy day and Gabby's class is at the zoo! I bet they are still having a good time, despite the rain. Tomorrow Duncan's class goes to the Detroit Historical Museum. On Wednesday both classes go to visit Comerica Park where the Detroit Tigers play baseball. (I'd like to go on that tour...) On Thursday, Steve & I will forego a nice anniversary lunch/dinner (21 years!) and have a picnic lunch with the kids instead. I'm hoping to get lots of pictures of the kids with past & present teachers. Friday is their last day.

Only a few plans for the summer--Gabby has FAS socialization camp in July and Duncan will go to Vacation Bible School one of those same weeks. I'm going to see if any other churches have VBS weeks.

We got a new lease vehicle a couple weeks ago & finally got a new set of family stickers for the back window--super heros this time! 

Last September we had to put Tigre2 to sleep. He was 19 years and 3 weeks old. :( In November we adopted 2 more animals: Tigre 3 (a 12 week old kitten) and Chloe (a whippet/lab/?? mix). Kenai isn't too happy (still) about having the new additions but she tolerates them. Tigre is now almost 10 months, acts like a kitten but looks like a cat at about 12-13 pounds! Chloe was full grown when we got her--she turns 2 in September--but she's a great (large) lapdog! LOL! All 3 are nice cuddlers. 




It has now been 8.5 years since we adopted the kids...amazing how times flies! Seems like only a few weeks ago. 




No comments: