Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ah, spring in Michigan...if it ever comes, it's really pretty! These pictures are from last year at Steve's parents' house. This weekend we are going out to their house again...hope the flowers are as pretty as last year!









I love this picture of Duncan with the forsythia in the background. What a cute little guy!












We are STILL waiting for approval on growth hormone therapy for Gabby!!! And we are STILL waiting to hear from Warren Consolidated Schools as to which Kindergarten Gabby will be in this fall. We are really praying for the Developmental K, so she gets 2 years of Kindergarten and more time to grow/mature. In so many ways, Gabby is still like a 2 year old. But, she also is like a four year old too....that makes it hard to know where to place her in social situations.

Duncan now identifies EVERY Hummer we see on the road! There are actually quite a lot, more than I realized! He's not fooled too often...this morning a Chevy Avalanch pick-up got him! He thought it was a Hummer pick-up; I had to clarify! Both kids had a good time practicing, "Chevy Avalanch" over & over!

The kids have both been thrilled to see all the crocus' popping up in the lawn. :o) Lots of purple & white flowers in the grass make our yard stand-out on the block. The daffodils had a tough start...2 days of 70+ degree weather and then 2 weeks below freezing again! They have bounced back pretty well tho...starting to perk up. The tree in our front yard is looking sad again this year. Last year it was the last to put out leaves and the first to lose them. Looks like it will be the same this year. :o(

I heard Russia is shutting down adoptions again....I'm so glad ours was done 2 1/2 years ago! We have one more homestudy to go thru in August. After that, we don't have to contact the adoption agency or Russia unless we want to. The agency was great...I have no problem recommending them to others and the Russian people and visiting there was great too. So, if it's God's will, we plan to take the kids back to their homeland in the future.

Duncan stunned me the other day. He was counting his cars & trucks...and I suddenly realized he was counting in very clear Spanish!!! All the way up to 10! I think I better brush-up on my Russian numbers and letters....I can still count to 5...I forget 6...I've got 7 & 8...and lost 9 and 10! YIKES! My little hispanic Ruskie! I love that little guy!

Hope spring decides to come & stay one of these days! Enjoy....when it gets to your neck of the woods.... :o)

No comments: