Ah, signs of summer...the 4 1/2 year old, a 2 wheeler and training wheels! Gabby LOVES her 2 wheeler! Hannah, the girl who lives at the end of the street, gave it to her last summer. We had to find training wheels...and we also thought it would be good for Gabby to know how to ride a tricycle first!
She has taught herself to ride standing-up! A little goofy looking, but Gabby thinks it's pretty cool!
Brother & sister talk about the finer points of bikes and balls. Duncan has sat on the 2 wheeler a couple times...but he doesn't want to try to ride it yet. He still likes to watch the wheels go around on any of his vehicles.
Here's the gymnast in her upside-down position. She DOES let go of her hands most of the time. She didn't this time because her pants were slippery on the bar.
We call this "doing flippies". She climbs the chain of the swing using ONLY her hands, lets go with one hand, reaches over to the chains on the bar & pulls herself over to the bar. I keep telling her NOT to climb the chains of the swings at school. I think her teachers would "do flippies" to see her at the TOP of the swing set!
We leave tomorrow morning for Rochester, NY. My grandma died yesterday (May 8). She was 100 years old. Gabby's trying to figure out what "dead" really means, so she's been asking lots of questions. I've told her Great-grandma is up in heaven with Jesus and Grandpa Vic. Gabby thinks that's pretty neat.
Started growth hormone injections yesterday too. The injection went REALLY well yesterday. Today was a different story. We got her special chair out & got everything ready & Gabby started to freak-out...crying & wiggling. Finally, I just grabbed her leg, got the right amount of skin & put the needle in. She was NOT happy...but she was just getting more & more agitated. I told her afterwards, "I don't care if you are crying or quiet. I HAVE to give you your treatment EVERY NIGHT. I would much rather do it and have you help me count. But I will also just give it to you, like tonight. OK?" Gabby said, "Yes, Mama, I try be good." She's really doing a good job...considering it takes FIVE adults to hold her down for a blood draw or to put in an IV! (yes, 5 full-sized adults on a 23 pounder...she has AMAZING strength!!)
Have a WONDER-FILLED day
No comments:
Post a Comment