Cute Kids.....
Oh, come on, you gotta oooh & aaah over my adorable kiddos! This picture was taken at The Somerset Collection (used to be Somerset Mall) on Daddy's birthday...July 19, 2007. Gabby snagged Duncan just as I pressed the button!
Just for the record...Duncan was 3 years, 5 months and Gabby was 4 years 9.5 months in the picture.
Warren's "new" downtown area has a cool feature--a fountain area where you can run around & cool off. In the winter, it's a skating rink. Gabby & Duncan enjoy running and getting wet. We have discovered, after a number of falls, it's best to wear water shoes/sandals when you go into the fountains! I also love it when the kids lay down & make "water angels" on the flat surfaces! I guess they are looking forward to snow/winter...even in 95 degree heat!
We've put my mom's house up for sale...$151,000. I'm REALLY hoping it sells quickly and for the asking price...but, we have not had a single showing yet and it went on the market August 24th...OK, 5 days! But, the woman we have selling for us got Donna's uncle's condo sold in 6 days! Tomorrow we are selling mom's car to the neighbor's grandkids. It's sad to see so many things going when I know how much mom loved them, worked for them, enjoyed them.
Gabby begins Kindergarten on Sept 5th!! YIKES! We bought the stuff from her school supply list today. Duncan also had to get "matching" items...paper to "write" on, a folder for his papers, tissues, etc. This weekend we're going to Arts, Beats & Eats in Pontiac (http://www.artbeatseats.com). That should be fun...the kids LOVE the bouncers and there's always good food to try, maybe even find a Christmas gift or 2. Sunday we are going to a BBQ at the Oliver's house. The kids can't wait!!! They adore Ashley! So, it'll be a fun weekend.
Tuesday, Steve has knee surgery. We are PRAYING for a good outcome & speedy recovery. Steve's mom is going to play babysitter for the kids.
Gabby's up to 11.3 kg and 97 cm...24.91 pounds and 38" for those non-metric people. So, height is going well...weight is still WAY under. So, we're trying periactin again as an appetite stimulant. I hope it goes better than our 6 week trial at the begining of the year...she LOST weight (1.5 pounds) on an appetite stimulant...go figure!
Me, I'm just trying to hold together. I stress about every stinkin thing and have lots of aches and pains from lack of sleep & stress. Duncan's eating a bit better now that we're not at Grandma Jill's every day. He actually got up last night & asked for help using the toilet. :o) OK, it was at 3 a.m....but that's better than peeing in the bed! He's growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment