Thursday morning started with a call that my mom's cat was dying! Kidney failure...He was nearly 19 years old. I picked him out as a 1 month old kitten, left him with my parents when I got married...He was an OLD cat! Of all the days to die, he had to choose the day my mother died too! Geez!
Yeah, my mom died on July 26. Got a call from the doctor at 1 p.m. that she wasn't doing well. Steve & I went to see her. By 3:45, we couldn't understand her because she was in so much pain. We had them go to pain management--no heroics. Went home, fed the kids & put them to bed. I went back at 9, stayed till 10:10. Before I got home, Steve called the emergency only cell phone I was carrying to say the hospital called...mom had died.
My brother & his family arrived late Friday afternoon. We made visitation and memorial service arrangements on Saturday. Family came from Rochester, NY on Sunday. Visitation was Monday afternoon/evening. Memorial service was Tuesday morning. Lawyer's office Wednesday morning--I begged off going to sort stuff at my mom's house on Wednesday afternoon. I'm still reeling--my mom & my cat on the same day! Nice!
I thought this "doctored" picture of the kids generally describes how I feel!!
Steve went back to work today. The kids & I hung out. Tomorrow we put mom's ashes in the ground next to my dad. Wednesday we have a person coming to appraise the stuff in my mom's house. Anyone want a 4 year old, 3 bedroom ranch in pristine condition in the city of Roseville, Michigan????!! Anyone??? I'm already sick of dealing with all of this!
No comments:
Post a Comment