
Once again, the year is flying by. Kids finished school on June 17th. June 18th we saw Toys Story 3 in 3D--excellent even tho it made me a little weepy. June 18 was also the 1 year anniversary of getting my BAHA implant. I can't believe my scalp is still numb after a year!
Nice 4th of July--the kids did sparklers with a family down the street and we watched some fireworks from the front sidewalk. People around us used to put on quite large fireworks displays...but they've cut back in the past few years. (Probably due more to lack of funds than more police presence...because the area has been HARD hit with jobless families and foreclosures.)
Went to a BEAUTIFUL wedding on July 10th--the oldest daughter of our pastor. I remember her & her sisters from 20 years ago. They have all grown into beautiful, Christ-loving young women. Left Gabby & Duncan at the Smith's house to play with Alex and Shelby while we went to the outdoor wedding. The setting looked like something from a magazine...just wonderful. A bit warmer than we were expecting but great just the same. (see photo at the top)
Had a very nice time with Steve's sister, brother-in-law & our nieces on the 14th of July. We drove back out to Davisburg to have an early dinner with them & then over to the 4H fair just up the road from their house. Gabby was enthralled by all the animals--mostly the babies, but even the older animals were oooh-ed and aaaah-ed over. She got to do a pony ride & was just GLOWING about it. :o) Yeah, that's our Gab!
Photo of the kids in the rain--There was a BIG downpour, so I told the kids to get into bathing suits & go dance in the rain...so they did! It was a few minutes of JOY on a steamy summer day.
The picture of all of us was from Mother's Day at church. I think we all look pretty nice. :o)
(Sorry, don't know how to move my pictures around. They've changed a few things here and I don't post often...so I forget how to do these things! Oh well...)
No comments:
Post a Comment