God doesn't call people who are qualified. He calls people who are willing, and then He qualifies them.
People ask me if I would have adopted Gabby if we had known about the FAS. I tell them yes because 1. God gave her to us 2. I prayed for her and 3. I could tell the moment I saw her picture that she had FAS...but we listened to God.
When we turned in our dossier, Russian adoptions were taking about 2 weeks for a referral; most people were home with their kids within about 3 months. As months passed, I had a special prayer I prayed everyday. God, if we are 'iffy' about either of the children (we had requested 2; one boy & one girl; the older at least 10 months older than the younger), please let that child be named Victor or Victoria. (in honor of my dad, who was the only non-living grandparent at the time.) From Late February till early September 2004, I prayed that prayer.
September 3, 2004 we FINALLY received our call. Our boy was 6 1/2 months old; his name was Sergi. Our daughter was born in October 2002, she looks very cute. "What's her name?" "Oh, it's Viktoria. I'll e-mail you the pictures." I go THUD on the couch & ask Chandra to repeat her name...then I tell her my prayer. She does her own THUD.
I could tell as soon as we met Gabby that she was affected by FAS but God listened to my prayer. God gave her to me. Every time I (we) have SO much trouble, I tell God HE has to bring me thru it because I cannot do it myself. He is faithful--tho at times I am pretty blind/deaf to His leading. When I pay attention to God, things go much better.
1 comment:
thank you for this post. Its beautiful. God is faithful.
Post a Comment