see more Tots and Giggles">
Gabby's Guinea Pig picture from kindergarten computer class made the Tots & Giggles website. She was SO HAPPY, she sent a note to her current teacher about it.
Gabby went on ADHD meds almost 2 weeks ago. She also developed a double ear infection resulting in 1 ear draining on her birthday (Oct 2) and the other bleeding the next day. Now that she's finished with the antibiotics & ear drops, I'm interested in seeing how/if the ADHD meds actually work.
Duncan has been "on red" (not good) 3 times in the last 10 days at school. Twice for hitting & once for swearing. I'm fighting the swearing one because it's something he's learned from other kids at school. I'm being told that "everyone swears" & "I'm sure you've said worse at home/in front of him." Uh, NO!! I, personally, NEVER, EVER swear. I learned that lesson many years ago when my dad heard me use the 'B' word & was informed that it was NOT to ever be used again. I have not. Steve & I have made sure to use "softer" words--"shoot", "Darn", "sheesh", "oh my goodness", etc. I'm annoyed that I had to explain that there are some words that are "bad". In the end, I told Duncan that if he hears someone use a word he doesn't know, to come & ask me if it's OK to use. I told him I would explain what the word means & let him know if it's a 'nice word' or a 'bad word'.
I think I hate having to let my kids socialize with the general public in school. So many kids are just SOOOOO MEAN.
On a good note, Duncan is now a Tiger Cub cub scout. First meeting is next week. We've been selling popcorn...please buy some! Here's the link:
http://www.trails-end.com/estore/home_alt.jsp?_requestid=67508
You KNOW you want some yummy popcorn & chocolate covered treats!!
Enjoy your day :o)
2 comments:
Tots and Giggles: That's so cool!
It is such a cute picture -- well deserved. Please give your daughter my congrats, and best wishes to Duncan on scouts.
Happy holidays!
Lee Bernstein
Knitting is Gluten Free
I totally agree that kids can be so mean... What is invaluable for the kids mainstreamed in a public school is that they WILL be exposed to that not-so-nice stuff, and YOU being there to teach your kids how to deal with it. They will encounter this stuff all through their lives... better you can teach them now, than them encountering it later unawares.
Post a Comment