Wednesday, January 30, 2008


I FINISHED MY FIRST SOCK!!!!!!!!!

Here it is...one sock! Knit on one size 1 circular needle. I got a bit of a ladder "dimple" on each side of the sock...it's not bad, but I'd like to eliminate it all together. I've already cast-on the next sock and gotten a couple rounds done. Of course, having a 5 year old who decides she doesn't "need" quiet time makes for very little knitting! (I'm the one who NEEDS the quiet time! And, no matter what she said, Gabby DID need QT today...the wind had all of us up most of the night!)
Well, Duncan likes the sock too...now he wants some for himself! (wait in line...Daddy asked for some too!)

I really like how the purple stuck itself right there on the heel! The toe is all orange. They are very happy socks!

Oh no, I forgot to turn Gabby's picture...Oh well! She went to school today looking very "sofisticated"!! Don't know how long it lasted, but I sent her off down the hall with it twirled up like that. Also BUNDLED...with HOWLING winds at 40-50 mph and a dropping temperature from 45 yesterday to 9 this morning, it was very "CHILLY" outside! The car doors were iced closed! The "accurate" (HA!!!) Detroit weather forcasters say we'll get a snow storm tomorrow night & Friday. SIX INCHES!! That's not a snow STORM! One to two FEET is a snow storm, 6 inches is a nice snow!

Time to get dinner on the table...or actually, on the plates...since the table is FILLED with kitchen stuff...rip-apart starts tomorrow! :o)

No comments: