This cute little number is from Knituition's blog. You can put a ball of yarn in & either pull the yarn from the hole I left in the bottom or from the top...good so you don't lose the ball while in a car, travelling, just sitting on the couch. (Mine tend to roll away, get grabbed by kids or cats, etc!)
I modified this--leaving the bottom hole open and not using D-rings, but essentially, it's the same. Knituition's instructions can be found here:http://knituition.blogspot.com/2007/04/wrist-yarn-holder.html
And, the sweater I've been working on since VERY late September...from Awesome Ewe... I love the way it's turning out, but I've had to knit it in size small...it's knit in cotton &, even tho I'm knitting to gauge, it's coming out much larger than the pattern stated! Hum...
Oh, and the really neat news on the knitting front...I got my invite to Ravelry! YEAH! That, of course, means I need to take pictures of my knitting... I've discovered if I partially cover the flash with my finger, my colors are truer and the patterns show up a bit better. I'll keep playing around with that tho.
Tonight we start a new couple's small group thru church. I hope we "click" with these people. It's been such a LONG time since we've had a group of good friends. I've been enjoying the Beth Moore Patriarchs study with my "Young Mom's" group at Woodside, but don't get together with any of the women outside every other Tuesday, where Duncan has become quite a terror! I guess, according to him, he hits other little boys to get the cars & trucks! The older women who are watching the kids either don't see or are content to not tell me! Duncan tells me he makes little boys cry and then says sorry! Gee, that's nice....
One of these days I'll post some christmas pictures. And some pony riding pictures. Gabby LOVED it...Duncan wasn't quite so sure. Gabby's THRILLED that she gets to bring snack to school tomorrow...Quaker Quakes (the jury is split on Silly Yaks as to them being cross contaminated or not...we're trying them!) and Hi-C fruit punch in boxes. Gabby's requested me & Duncan helping her schlep the stuff to her classroom in the morning. :o)
Well, best go reign in the wild kiddos...up from "quiet time" and GOING at FULL SPEED!
No comments:
Post a Comment