Ignore the nose & tongue...look at the scarf! I knit scarves for my 2 nieces, my sister-in-law and Gabby's teacher--all the same pattern with different yarns. I liked this one the best, but you can't really tell what it's like! GRRR! Cheap camera!! (it's Gabby's Fisher-Price kid digital that grandma & grandpa bought for christmas! She's already taken over 400 pictures!!! Most like this one!)
Anyway, the scarves were all "potato chip" scarves--cast on between 75 & 100 stitches, knit the next row, double every stitch on the next, knit the next...and so on until you get sick of it! I usually made it to about 10-12 rows before quitting! My neice was THRILLED with this one! When you bind off, the "ruffles" appear--very deceptive until then.
This is what the kids did to burn energy down in Charlotte, NC! I'm glad there were a number of good days because the 4 of us slept in ONE room!!
I'm now knitting myself a "Piece Of Cake" hat with some Malabrigo I got from an early christmas swap. I'll post a picture when I'm done. It's the softest wool I've ever used. Good thing we get COLD weather here! (HA! Understatement after yesterday's 5 degree beginning!) Of course, this being Michigan, specifically, NE of Detroit, we will be having 50 degrees & rain on Sunday....Oh well...It'll be good for bringing in the Christmas decorations from outside! (Gotta look for the bright side!)
No comments:
Post a Comment